Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

Log #21: TREADSTONE

Stardate: 07.16.14
Subject: TREADSTONE.
  • SCPO Sarah Jungling
Communications Log: I awoke in the Medbay this morning, after spending the night there waiting for CPO Timmons to be released, at some point I must have fallen asleep. Once I was awake I noticed PO2 Boris, working on unscrambling the voice the hackers voice on the recording we had, while CPO Timmons was working on translating the Delastrian dialect.  Kelsey requested I take a look at the recording to see if I noticed anything she missed.  While the recording was playing, both CPO Kelsey Timmons and I got chills running down our spines.  PO2 Boris then informed us she’d noticed something strange on the recording.  She was noticing two distinct voice patterns, one belong to a woman, the other to a man.  We then ran a voice analysis on the cough against that of Dakota Chrisna.  What we found out was startling.  The recording originating from the planet Kronos, with the woman coughing was a 87.234% match to data files from after her time on the Alaster. 0% match for all those before being assigned to the USS Alaster.  Meaning the Dakota Chrisna we had on board our ship, was not the real Dakota Chrisna.  In addition the Chrisna on Earth, being tried for crimes committed aboard the USS Alaster was never on this ship in the first place.  While this revelation was actually sinking in, CPO Timmons translated the word “Breath” into Enochian, then found out it didn’t mean the same thing in Delastrian, and found the word was the equivalent to “Breath”.
I left to go find PO1 Kilpatrick.  I found her in the Communications lounge.  She was staring at the television with absolute horror on her face.  CPO Timmons burst into the room as a news report from San Francisco began, "Breaking news this morning out of San Francesco where the murder trial of Dakota Chrisna was set to begin final arguments. A few moments ago an explosion rocked the downtown area, it has now been confirmed that Dakota Chrisna along with several police officers and key witness have all been confirmed killed. Chrisna, who was looking likely to be released, is believed to have been the victim of an attack by angry protesters who have condemned her trial as unfair due to her memory loss."
We immediately pulled up a list of the confirmed dead.
“Dakota Chrisna
Defense Attorney Eliza Manchester
Officer Anthony Suits
Officer: Baily Montisque
Wittnesses for the Defense:
Jaqulene Chrisna
Joseph Chrisna
Haley Nukem“
I went for a walk when the Captain came over the ship’s intercom to address the situation.  Informing us we are now setting course for Earth.
Update: At 12:15 the Ship shook.  I ran to the nearest Communications terminal, Inquiring what exactly was going on. I got this reply, “THIS IS TREADSTONE. THE ALASTER HAS BEEN DECOMISSIONED. ACTIVATING FULL POWER SHUT DOWN IN 15 MINS.”
CMDR Carlson ordered whoever was closest to the Warp Core, needed to hit the manual shut down, before the clock reached zero.  Danny Talyard replied, informing us that the door was jammed and he couldn’t open it by himself.  At this point many people were running to the warp generator room to assist in getting this door open.  In total the ones responsible for getting the door open were myself, CMDR Carlson, CPO Timmons, Lt. Marcus, CDT CRMN Hitchner, PO1 Freed, and Danny.  Time kept running down and I called for Meeko, to come, hoping the raccoon might be of some assistance to us, he was no help.  When Freed joined in pulling, the door was wrenched off it’s hinges.  I grabbed Meeko, to prevent him from getting into any trouble, while CMDR Carlson and Danny ran into the room, Danny then shut the generator down.  For a few tense minutes everything was dark, but Danny reactivated power upon CMDR being ordered.  Everyone was holding their breath, praying for the best.  Power was successfully restored and there was no trace of TREADSTONE, in the system.  As soon as we knew we were safe, I requested permission to return to the Communications Lounge with Meeko, and to run a systems check for any bugs.  Before CPO Timmons and I left we asked Talyard about his hands, he told us he’d never seen anything like it before, and asked what it meant in Delastrain.  The symbols together make up characters in a proverb: "Beware silence, for it is the tread stone to damnation".  
  • CDT CRMN AJ Hitchner
Engineering log: The day began like any other in the Engineering Department. I reported to my department head who gave me instructions to check on the Alasters shields and inertial dampeners with my colleague, Mr. Jensen. Jensen and I decided to split these duties; I took the shields and he the inertial dampeners. I grabbed a set of tools out of the Engineering store room and left to carry out my assigned task. When I arrived at the ship’s rear shield generators I noticed a timer counting down on the main display console along with the words “Program Route: tread stone”. Alarmed by this, I informed PO Freed over the communicator, and was immediately ordered to cut power to that part of the ship. When I attempted to do this my commands were rejected by the computer. Realizing I was dealing with a computer virus beyond my ability to thwart, I chose to cut power to shields via the manual override down the hall from my location. Unfortunately, the shield generator overloaded before I could do so, causing a massive power surge that disabled the Alaster’s rear shield array. After the bulkheads sealed off the section of the ship, CMR Carlson came over the shipwide intercom system and ordered any available personnel to go to the Warp Core. When I arrived at the core, I saw CPO Timmons, SPCO Jungling, the Commander, and some other crew members trying to pry open the door leading to the main engine room. Using an item from my tool bag to gain leverage against the door, I joined in to help my crewmates. After quite some effort, we managed to knock the door off its hinges, giving PO Taylard a clear path to the warp engine’s manual override. The ship’s systems were reset, averting a catastrophic overload and resulting detonation of the Alaster’s warp core. With the crisis resolved, PO Freed ordered me to take a damage control team to the generator room to assess and repair the damage.

Initial damage assessment: critical damage to aft shield systems, will have to remain offline for some time while repairs are made.


Stardate: 07.16.14
Subject: Shuttles, Assassins and Sword FIghts
  • CDT CRMN Alicia Latham
Medical Duty Log: I entered Medbay to find 2 non-critical patients and I began treating them. I treated the first patient by disinfecting his wounds, bandaging and stitching as needed. I began to assess the second patient, when I was alerted to a situation in Hanger Bay  by SCPO Sarah Jungling. She requested medical personnel to come be on standby at the hanger bay entrance incase something went wrong. The door was jammed and after trying to open it, a suggestion was made to blow up the door. We were clearing everyone from the door to blow it up, when it opened and CMDR Carlson staggered out covered in wounds from an apparent sword fight. He promptly passed out and we transported him to the medbay with assistance from the Marines. Once we arrived in the medbay, PO2 Goldstein was contacted for report to medbay for an emergency medical situation. We then began to assess his wounds and discovered he had passed out due to blood loss, he had deep wounds on both arms, and given the amount of blood loss he had suffered from, he was quite stable. PO2 Goldstein requested I give the CMDR a blood transfusion to regain all the blood he lost. Once we started stitching his wounds up, the CMDR regain consciousness, his response was coherent, and he was quite optimistic about his injuries given that he won the sword fight. The CMDR handed over his weapon for evidence collection and I transfered it to security.
Personal log: This was my first experience being the first responder and I found it very stressful. I am relieved that the Captain’s wounds aren’t severe, and I am nervous for what the future holds.
  • SCPO Sarah Jungling
Communications Log: My shift today started out normal I began checking for bugs in the communications terminals when I was informed to get Security to Hangar Bay 1 pronto.  So I canceled my Diagnostics Program and called to report the situation, all I had been told at this point was to get security there.  It was about this time that I got a call on my communicator from Midshipman Sammy Stauffer, telling that the Captain was currently sword fighting an assassin.  I notified Medical to send someone to the hangar entrance and be ready to treat any number of injuries.
I then headed there myself, arriving after Medic CDT CRMN Alicia Latham did, shortly after I arrived a group of the Marines arrived lead by Sparky.  I asked them to get the door, which security was currently was desperately trying to open with no luck, open.  Sparky told me the only way we’d get this door open would be to blow it open, at this point no one had any other ideas, we thought it was our only option.  As we were clearing the area around the door, and after I had tried to contact Midshipman Stauffer, to get her to clear the area, the door opened.  Out of the open door staggered the Captain.  He had deep cuts on both his arms.  Medic Latham then took charge, ordering someone to grab a chair.  The Captain made two statements before passing out, “You should see the other guy.” and “I think I may need to seek medical attention.”  As soon as we got the Captain into the chair he passed out.  Medic Latham wanted a stretcher, but the Marines decided there was no time, and picked the Captain up, carrying him to the Medbay.
I contacted LCDR John Gray, informing him that the Captain was unconscious and was enroute to the medbay, asking if there was anything I could do to assist. I then followed the Marines and Medic Latham to the Medbay.  Head Physician Sara Goldstein was called and arrived in the Medbay a little after the Captain.  I was on my way back to Hangar Bay One to make sure the assassin’s body was collected and to request that 2D photographs were taken for Communications.  I then was making my way to the Communications Lounge when LCDR Gray requested I get in contact with our shuttle the Demon Hunter, to make sure they were alive and well.  I continued towards the Comms Lounge stopping at the Terminal I had run the full diagnostics on earlier, and opened a secure channel, encrypted channel to the Demon Hunter.  Midshipman Samantha Stauffer replied, confirming that herself, Danny Talyard, and Lt Marcus, we all alive and okay. Midshipman Stauffer inquired about the Captain, I then assured them he was stable and conscious, being treated in the Medbay.  I then signed off and closed the secure channel.  
Personal Log: Assassins and Sword fights, you’d think we were on one of those old Earth ships, and not a Federation Ship with the amount of Sword fighting going on.  We’re lucky the Captain knew how to sword fight or who knows what would have happened.  I just don’t know what to think anymore, first the whole Dakota not being Dakota thing, then we’re fighting off a program trying to decommission our ship, and now assassins.  It’s really worrying.  I am relieved that we now have the chance to study a Delastrian, even if we won’t be able to question it, hopefully we’ll learn something useful.  

Stardate: 7.16.14
Subject: Loners [Archived]
  • MID Samantha Staffer
Helms Log – I reported down to the hangar bay at approximately 5:51pm. Once there, I observed Commander Carlson going over damages with Lieutenant Marcus and PO2 Daniel Talyard. Upon seeing if they needed assistance, the commander requested that I run scans of all the shuttles. I had just boarded the Demon Hunter when there came a commotion. I poked my head out of the shuttle to see the Captain locked in combat with who appeared to be a security officer, though in actuality it was our shape-shifting assassin, targeting Talyard. Without a word, I ran off the shuttle, grabbed the Lieutenant and PO2 Talyard and pulled them on with me. I waited as long as I could for Chief Freed before deploying, but Chief Freed did not arrive in time. As we were leaving, I radioed in to the communications department, warning them of the danger the Captain was in and issuing an all-hands to the hangar to aid him.
Once out of the range of the Alaster’s warp signature, I activated the cloaking device. We traveled at high speed away from the Alaster, taking measures to avoid easy tracking. Once a safe distance away, I slowed down the shuttle and briefed PO2 Talyard on the situation. After some travel time, my scans picked up a small, unimportant Class M planet by the name of Tama. It appeared to be uninhabited, with a 10% water makeup and a comparable atmosphere to Earth. I landed the shuttle next to a large lake. We made contact with the Alaster on a secure transmission to verify that we were alive and uninjured.
Following that transmission, I assigned PO2 Talyard to take inventory of our supplies, the lieutenant to check the viability of the lake as a potable water source, and I myself went out to survey our surroundings and get a lay of the land.

Personal Log:I am thankful for Sarah making contact with us. I was so worried about the Captain and everyone else on the ship. Though I still worry, it puts my mind at ease. Danny and Lt. Marcus and I all have prior experience with roughing it, so even without the shuttle’s supplies, I think we would be alright. I gave Marcus the opportunity to take the lead on the mission, but he made it clear that the Captain had put me in charge. That being said, I feel confident in my abilities to keep us alive, provided there are no uncatalogued immediate dangers on this planet. I do not know how long this will last, but I get the feeling Danny, Marcus, and I will get to know one another very well during our time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment