Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Ship Log #5: Committed to Action

Stardate: 06.18.14
Subject: Committed to Action
Current Location: ISS Tranquility Base
  • CMDR. Andrew Carlson
Captain’s Duty Log:  After almost three hours of debate today, the Commanding Officers of the Solar Sector eventually approved of Operation “Decoy Danny Boy”. With no more than one vote, over a deadlock tie,  the USS Alaster was granted the permission necessary to end this chaos. The Commanding Officers also stressed that if the creature could not be captured, it should be pacified.  At 20:30 this evening, I informed my crew that the USS Alaster had been committed to action.  The announcement was easy for neither I nor the crew to digest, but it is the action that needs to be taken, and so we shall take it.

  • PO3 Daniel “Danny Boy” TalyardNPC
Personal Log:  I am finally out of the medical bay and back on my feet, well at least on an outpatient basis. Today,  I must admit, I have felt a great deal of conflicting emotions about what has been happening. In some ways, I haven’t  felt this connected to people since I left home for the academy. However, at the same time I feel a great deal of fear and guilt about the ship’s current situation. Perhaps I should talk to someone about this, but at this point in time, all I think I can do is perform my duties to the best of my ability. I will be sure to take the best care of this warp core, I trust my crewmates will commit themselves similarly.
  • CPO Sarah Jungling
Duty Log: While rereading Edward Kelly’s Journal I learned that the Enochians take on an angelic shape and while on Earth in the 14th century they predicted "waves of fire across the sky," which happens to coincide with one of the strongest solar storm in solar history.  Said storm would have caused serious damage to anything that wasn’t shielded or had some sort of atmosphere to protect it.  According to Kelly there were no other types of predictions besides the “waves of fire across the sky” and it is unknown how long the Enochian stayed on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment